I absolutely love holiday deserts. There’s just something about homemade sweets – especially around the holidays. And as much as I love to bake, some of my favorite dessert recipes are the easiest ones! This peppermint bark recipe has quickly become one of my favorites! Dark chocolate, white chocolate, and peppermint all in the same dish? It makes for the perfect Christmas-time treat!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- 6 peppermint candy canes
Steps to Perfection:
- Start by lining the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan with wax paper
- Place candy canes in a zip lock bag and use a hammer to crush
- Melt dark chocolate chips (stove-top or microwave)
- Spread melted dark chocolate chips evenly on bottom of pan
- Put pan in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Melt white chocolate chips (stove-top or microwave), and pull pan out of freezer
- Mix half of the crushed candy canes with the melted white chocolate
- Spread the melted white chocolate over the layer of hardened dark chocolate.
- Top evenly with the remaining crushed candy canes
- Place in freezer for another 20 minutes
- Pull pan out of freezer, & use a spatula to separate the bark from the pan; you will have a solid sheet
- Break into pieces and serve as desired!